Sunday, October 29, 2023

Claudia and Adler

 Recently my wife Gina asked me to paint a figure for her; not for use in a game or anything like that, just something she could have on her desk at work to make her think of me. I'd received a box of figures from Dunkeldorf Miniatures and we went through it together; she decided she really liked "Claudia 'Schwartz' Hinkel," a crossbow-armed member of a criminal syndicate, as well as "Adler, Dieter's Cat." Dunkeldorf has consistently sent me a little baggie of extras with every order I've placed with them, and this time that included a resin base with a flagstone pattern. It was the work of a few moments to clip Claudia's metal tab off and glue her to the resin base.

Talking with Gina, the only specific requests she had for color was she wanted Adler to be an orange cat with white socks, and she wanted Claudia to have purple hair; she also asked for a little flocking to be added to the base. The rest of the color scheme was left up to me; I went with a deep red for her shirt and black pants, because those are colors Gina wears a lot. 

I really pushed myself harder to give this the best paint job I could give it; it's not going to win any big competitions, but those are the best eyes I've ever painted and overall I'm thoroughly pleased with the job I did here. The purple I used for her hair came out glossier than I'd like, but hopefully once she's varnished that will tone down some. Her base reads "With All My Love" and once she's varnished, she'll be glued down inside an acrylic display case to keep her dust free and safe from our own cat's attention.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know the mini, but I really like it! Not only the paintjob is great, I think it's quite a wonderful gift, I hope she enjoys it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that came out pretty well. nice job.
    I did something similar for my girlfriend. I painted her a female sorceress for fantasy games and did a trio set of her, mom and dad for wild west setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did a Wargames Illustrated "Giants in Miniature" figure of Harry Flashman for my dad some years ago. Gina doesn't play wargames or RPGs, so painting a display piece for her was perfect.

      Delete
  3. That is very nicely painted Bill, and I am sure Gina will appreciate her on her desk!

    ReplyDelete