Saturday, October 14, 2023

Orcs & Goblins: Boar Boyz Completed

 In 2021, I took part in the Old World Army Challenge, building an army of orcs and goblins for 3rd edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles. I tried continuing the army the following year, in 2022, but petered out halfway through, and opted out of participating in this year's challenge. Even getting re-energized this past December and again in May, I still have a lot of orcs awaiting paint. In June, I started painting a unit of Orc Boar Riders from Knightmare Miniatures; I'd converted some of them with weapon swaps and turning one into a standard bearer back in 2021, and they'd been sitting primed and waiting their turn ever since.

I completed the first rank, including the command, in June 2023, but the second rank remained unfinished. Until now. I was sick of having a half-finished unit looking at me and making me feel guilty, so I committed myself to finishing them; today, I can call the regiment complete.

Here's the finished second rank:

And here's the regiment as a whole: 


It's not Oldhammer if the banner isn't impractically large, right?



3 comments:

  1. wow!!
    those look terrific. that banner is awesome, pig with wings haha.
    such a great job weathering of the weapons, you gave them that oldhammer style paint job.
    nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The banner is public domain clipart, made into a double-sided banner using MSPaint and then actual paint on the paper. It's maybe a little fancy for orcs but I'm really happy with it.

      The weathering on the weapons is just Reikland Flesh Shade over silver!

      Delete