Friday, December 16, 2022

Mounted Orc Warboss (Knightmare Miniatures)

 So in 2021 I painted 1000 points' worth of Orcs and Goblins for 3rd edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles as part of the Old World Army Challenge. I signed up to paint another 1000 points this year, but couldn't keep up on my painting and got disqualified halfway through. So I have a lot of greenskins here that have been primed and awaiting paint for a year now.

Earlier this month, I found out that a local tournament, Da Boyz GT, had a Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th Edition tourney this year. And I have my wife's enthusiastic support for me to attend in 2023 (our health allowing), if I get enough minis painted up to qualify. I've never actually played Warhammer; 20-21 years ago I walked into a Games Workshop store for the first time and walked out with a box of plastic Night Goblins, a blister of Fanatics, a blister of Squigs and a River Troll. As a teenager I didn't have the money or the attention span to focus on an army long enough to get one built. So were I to attend it would fulfill a bunch of teenage dreams of mine. 

This got me inspired to dig out some primed greenskins and start painting, starting with this mounted Warboss from Knightmare Miniatures. He was a birthday present from my wife in 2021, and a great starting point to resume painting my orcs and goblins. I love that he's riding a warthog instead of a standard boar.




2 comments:

  1. wow, i love the colors you used for this orc.
    in my opinion, the red is really bright compare to the rest of the figure but it does it very well. great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The red shoulder pad and shield were base coated in Reaper's "Blood Red," and washed with GW "Carroburg Crimson," then highlighted with Reaper's "Fresh Blood" and just a touch of "Fire Red" on the nose, eyebrows and cheekbones of the face, and along the edge of the pad and shield.

      I actually have a small hobgoblin contingent in this army that uses an even brighter red-orange as one of its primary colors!

      Delete