Sunday, December 11, 2022

Ah-Cahulka, the Golden (Lucid Eye Publications)

 Over on Instagram I'm participating in a "Deadcember" painting challenge this month, and posted my finished piece today. My undead of choice was "Ah-Cahulka, the Golden" from Lucid Eye Publications, a Mesoamerican-style liche from their "Savage Core" line, part of the "Maxzan" faction. 


The base is a couple layers of cork board, torn into irregular shapes and stacked on top of each other, painted in shades of gray (there was a green wash in there as well, for the humid, mossy stone look, but I think it got lost in the gray to some extent), then splodged with thinned white glue and dipped in a couple different shades and grades of flocking. I topped that off with a couple of green foam shrubbery bits. 


I had a really good time painting this figure; I'd originally thought he'd be a gaming piece but honestly, I might keep him as a display figure.

4 comments:

  1. Big fan of Lucid Eye, as I've painted loads of their Toon Realms stuff, and you've definitely done this mini proud. Super colourful with a stunning base - I can see why you might want to keep it for display rather than risk damaging it on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At the absolute minimum it's staying a display piece until it warms up enough to hit it with a coat or three of spray varnish!

      Delete
  2. haven't had a chance to get a hold of any Lucid Eye figures, but damn this is beautiful man. awesome job.
    so much color. i like dark colors myself and only have very few figs with actual (bright) colors, but this damn near inspires me to start using brighter colors as such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, this is bright even for me, and I barely ever have an excuse to break out the turquoise. A great change of pace!

      Delete