Saturday, August 8, 2026

FINISH HIM!

 A few more Crooked Dice martial artists finished this week. We have a very humid week ahead of us, so I might not be at my painting bench too much - even in the basement, just sitting there painting, I start getting sweaty and there's no place I can conveniently plug a fan in to keep the air circulating. 

First up, two copies of "End Level Boss A," painted as the characters Scorpion and Sub-Zero from the "Mortal Kombat" video game and expanded media franchise. Both characters used the same model, just palette-swapped, in the original video game, hence using two copies of the same figure! Scorpion is depicted with pupilless white eyes in most media as a nod to him being undead, and I copied that on to my paint job here. 


 

I also finished "Street Fighter A," which I painted as the villainous Chong Li (played by Bolo Yeung) who went up against Van Damme in 1988's BLOODSPORT. 


 These will eventually see action on the table in future games of "A Fistful of Kung Fu."

In other news, my picking up entirely too many plastic zombies from my friend Dave has been delayed by his attending Gen-Con and coming home to find his dryer had given up the ghost, so I'm still in the green! I did pick up a couple of vintage "Clan Wars" samurai figures cheap at one of my local game stores who are still clearing out stock from a previous owner. I was looking at the Reaper paint rack and I think some of those colors were discontinued before I reentered the hobby in 2014...


 

Miniatures Acquired: 186

Miniatures Painted: 195

Terrain Acquired: 2

Terrain Painted: 8

Scatter Acquired: 8

Scatter Painted: 10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment