Saturday, November 21, 2015

Alea Iacta Est: The Sixth Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

The Analogue Hobbies Annual painting challenge has arisen for its sixth year, and after watching some of the entries roll in last year, I decided to throw my hat in the ring for this year.  The theme is "Gamblers, Risk-Takers and Daredevils," so I should think the Frostgrave Warband (or two) I'm putting together should count, seeing as how they're delving into a frozen ruin to loot treasure and hopefully not be disemboweled by skeletons along the way.  Likewise I have my suspicions that a Viking crew may be heading in the direction of my painting table come Yule, and certainly Leif Erikson and his crew took some risks along the way to Vinland.

In other news, my lovely Gina has expressed an interest in trying out painting toy soldiers, and acting under her direction, I've assembled a single Wargames Factory Amazon for her to try out.  I'm hoping she enjoys it enough that I can nudge her in the direction of playing wargames with me every once in a while.

I've also got a new game store in the area to check out; not new in that it just opened, but new to me, and it comes very highly recommended by my friend Nick, who plays Malifaux and has expressed an interest in Frostgrave.  Since I've begun looking at Malifaux and drooling over the figures, Nick has offered to introduce me to a group that meets at this game store for Malifaux games, so that's exciting.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome, Anne! It's already changing the way I'm looking at what I've got unpainted -- at least one figure I had in mind for this weekend is being pushed back to December 20th!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant news Bill, welcome aboard the must congenial, modelling related roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

      Delete