Wednesday, July 26, 2023

G.I. Joe Project Update

 I haven't posted about it much, beyond a couple of play reports, but the GI Joe in 28mm project I started back in January 2022 is still ongoing and still getting updated here and there with new figures. The other day I got everything I've painted to date for this project out on the table and grouped for a photo shoot. I realized I should post them here as well.

Lifeline, Duke, Scarlett, Rock 'n' Roll, Shipwreck

Alpine, Snake Eyes, Breaker, Flint, Lady Jaye, Cover Girl

Mutt, Junkyard, Gung Ho, Low-Light, Sgt. Slaughter, Spirit, Roadblock

Tomax, The Baroness, Xamot, two Cobra Commanders, Destro

Storm Shadow, Major Bludd, Scrap-Iron, Wild Weasel, Copperhead

The Dreadnoks: Ripper, Zarana, Zartan, Torch, Buzzer

The Crimson Guard

Cobra Troopers, including officer, RPG, and field medic


9 comments:

  1. What a cracking line-up, Bill. I especially like Shipwreck, Snake Eyes and Sergeant Slaughter ("And that's an Order!!") as I painted them myself a few years ago. Love the blue on the Cobra Troopers - its spot on, imho. What is it please..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not done yet - I've got some more converted figures on my work bench and plans for further expansion.

      The blue couldn't be easier - black primer, two coats of Reaper Miniatures' "Ultramarine Shadow," then a drybrush of "Ultramarine Blue."

      Delete
  2. i dont know much about GI Joe, but this looks impressive.
    you need to get Serpentor and his crew, always like those guys.
    i will admit the animated movie with Roadblock (i think) and Cobra Commander trying to take down Serpentor was cool.
    very cool man, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim! Yeah, Serpentor is a consideration down the road as well. Next up is going to be boosting my Joes' numbers; there's a bunch more named characters I want to do on the heroic side, and then get some squads going of some of the sub-groups of Cobra troopers - divers, urban assault troops, etc.

      Delete
    2. that's cool.,after I get my wild west stuff done, I have a nice pile of Masters of the Universe to get through.

      Delete
    3. Oh nice, looking forward to seeing what you do with those. I've got a couple MOTU figures in my leadpile as well for someday down the line.

      Delete
    4. kinda found a deal at a local store that had CMON MotU board game box set plus faction sets and Kickstarter bonus box. so yeah I got quite a bit to do.

      Delete