Saturday, May 21, 2022

More Squads Painted

 Two more squads of figures done this month; the first, my second set of five GI Joes; Flint, Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes (and am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the ninja named "Snake Eyes" *isn't* affiliated with Cobra?), Breaker and Covergirl. 






The second is a group of Brits for Pulp games set in the 1920s and 1930s. I just finished Peter Hopkirk's book "Setting the East Ablaze," about Lenin's efforts to foment a Communist revolution in Asia, and came across a brief reference that British spies often traveled under the guise of a hunting party; I've had these figures - a mix of Copplestone Castings' British Army in Tropical Kit and Pulp Figures' "Sons of Empire" set - in storage for a while now, dug them out and got them painted up.


I've had some vague ideas about skirmish gaming in the "Back of Beyond" - Central Asia in the 1920s and 1930s, at the intersection of the Russian Civil War and China's Warlord Period. It's been floating in the back of my head for years and I'm finally getting figures painted for it; honestly I think I'd play it like an Indiana Jones movie in terms of pulpiness and supernatural elements.

2 comments: