The two police cars are finished:
I kept things pretty simple decal-wise; the word "Police" on both front doors, and "911" on the rear next to the gas cap. I had to buy two sets of decals to get enough black-letter "Police" for both cars; I may get some more Crown Vics at some point and paint some as Highway Patrol or County Sheriff vehicles.
In other news, the MDF buildings I alluded to the other day arrived, along with a box of resin accessory bits - air conditioners, filing cabinets, vending machines, etc - from Oshiro Models.
I've never built a TTCombat kit before; I picked this one up because it's got a very different footprint from the other buildings I've got, plus I liked that it had a fire-escape. Should give me plenty of opportunity for customization as well.
On the right in the ziploc bags are two kits from Atomic Lasercut Designs; one is a two-story building from their "Mean Streets" line, with a commercial space at ground level and apartments above. The other is a rooftop access point, which I'm going to glue to the roof of the building to add more height and make it a little bit different from the similar two-story building I've already done. The rooftop access has a removable roof as well, and the interior could offer some fun customizing opportunities.
I'm hopeful to get these both done before winter, along with the two Atomic Lasercut kits I've currently got on my workbench. I feel like my modern urban terrain collection (and figures!) are replacing the Oldhammer Orcs as my "Hobby Home" - the thing I can always take out and putter away at in between other projects or when I'm not feeling inspired for something. At this point I'm fairly certain I could cover my entire dining room table (which is 3' x 5'10", which let me tell you, is annoying for trying to get a mat to cover it!) with terrain and have some left over, but it's just so relaxing to paint and assemble.
The two buildings and the cars are already factored into my finished tally, but I think I should count the electrical transformer substation I got from Oshiro as scatter. Let's update the tracker:
Miniatures Acquired: 212
Miniatures Painted: 215
Terrain Acquired: 5
Terrain Painted: 9
Scatter Acquired: 9
Scatter Painted: 15


No comments:
Post a Comment