I've completed another 14 zombies, all from Recreational Conflict, bringing the completed total up to 34. Let's take a look:
Not quite so many in this batch form a themed group as in the last batch I did, but we do have some clergy in here:
A mix of fairly tall figures, including one that's intended as a zombified basketball player:
My favorite of this quarter is the biker with the giant beard and the pickelhaube helmet.
Then some ladies:
The one missing both legs and one arm won't be categorized as a "Fast" Zombie, I'd just like to note.
And a couple miscellaneous:
The middle one is my favorite zombie out of all 34 I've painted so far, because it's clearly based on the poster art for my favorite zombie movie, THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD:
That's all the (human) zombies I have at the moment; I've got a couple of Zombie Dogs that I'm going to paint up to use as Fast Zombies in Zombie RV, but otherwise I'm all out... Until my friend Dave gets back after GenCon. He's been digging around in his Pile of Shame, and found some old plastic Wargames Factory Zombies still on sprue that he bought a decade ago and forgot about. Once our Monday Night paint hangouts resume on August 3rd, he's going to hand them over to me.
I initially thought it was going to be, like, one box of 20 zombies. Which, awesome, my initial target was 50 zombies so that's perfect.
Oh no. See, after I confirmed that I wanted them, he sent pictures.
That's one box of Zombie Vixens, a bag containing one box's worth of male Zombies, and another bag containing another box's worth of Zombie Vixens. Each of these three packs contains *30* zombies.
I'm taking home *90* zombies, not *20*.
You hear that sound? That's the sound of my acquired to painted ratio screeching off a cliff. I'm not going to add these to the tracker yet - I may refuse the second box of Zombie Vixens - but this is a looming zombie wave. Thankfully I've got assembly line painting them pretty well down pat.
Do you know what title RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD was released under in Germany?
The Germans called the film VERDAMMT! DIE ZOMBIES KOMMEN, or "Damn it! Here Come the Zombies!" and I might be feeling that a little bite.
Let's enjoy the progress I've made on getting figures painted while I can:
Miniatures Acquired: 184
Miniatures Painted: 182
Terrain Acquired: 2
Terrain Painted: 8
Scatter Acquired: 8
Scatter Painted: 10








No comments:
Post a Comment