Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Industrial/Post Apocalyptic Terrain

Nothing fancy to report tonight, but I've gotten out some 3D printed scenery that my better half bought me for Christmas and made some headway on getting it painted and ready for the table.  This is four out of the five pieces comprising a set of industrial chemical tanks, painted up as rusting and full of toxic waste for post-apocalyptic games like Wiley Games' Wasteland Warriors or Osprey's recent Zona Alfa release.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


These were just primed black, and given a couple layers of extra heavy drybrushing with a dark gray craft paint, then drybrushed more lightly with a regular gray craft paint.  They were then given spot drybrushing/stippling of Reaper "Rust Brown" and "Highlight Orange." A very light drybrush of "Tarnished Steel" picked out the rivets and then for the "full" tank I painted the contents with Vallejo "Escorpena Green." I added some water to the Escorpena Green and applied it to the vents to create leaks, letting the fluid flow naturally from where I placed it.  I think it looks really good.

1 comment: