Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Challenge Accepted



The Ninth Annual Analogue Hobbies Winter Painting Challenge has been announced, with a theme of "Fellowship." This will be my third year participating (would be fourth, but a loss of mojo took me out just before the Challenge began last year), and I'm eager to take part again.  I've got a loose bit of a plan:


  • Finish off my current collection of based and primed gladiators from Wargames Foundry and Crusader Miniatures.  I think there's between 12 and 18 of those to go.  
  • Paint a retinue for Lion Rampant.  I have some "Later Crusaders" figures on order from Crusader Miniatures (and hopefully more will be appearing under the tree come Christmas morning) that I'm planning to paint up as Simon de Montfort and his supporters in the 2nd Baron's War.  Some nice bright heraldry (that isn't stupidly complicated) to paint after all the bronze and bare skin of these gladiators.  
  • A few odds and ends, especially for the bonus rounds.

2 comments: