Saturday, May 18, 2019

Troll Repairs

A couple months back I scored a trio of 6th edition Warhammer Stone Trolls on eBay.  These figures were some of the ones that first got me interested in wargaming and fantasy miniatures back around 2001-2002.  They came already affixed to 40mm square MDF bases with a couple pebbles glued down and magnets inserted into the bases.  I set them aside for the time being as I have a project in mind for them.

Today, I decided I might as well get them primed and ready while the weather's nice, and I noticed one of them had a gouge taken out of their chest.  Fortunately, I had just the tools to take care of that.  Using some "Blue Stuff" thermoplastic, I made a mold of another troll's chest who was in an almost identical pose.  I then packed the mold with Green Stuff epoxy putty, producing a replacement troll chest once the putty cured.  I trimmed it down and affixed it to the gouged-out troll, and while a little bit of the detail got warped (I pulled the putty from the mold too early), I think once it's painted you're barely going to be able to tell anything's been done.  Overall, I'm very pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment