Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Back to the Ludus

Tonight I got out the remaining gladiators I'd bought for Sons of Mars, a mixture of figures from Crusader Miniatures and Wargames Foundry, and got the figures cleaned up, trimmed any remaining flash off of them, and glued them down to bases.


All told, it's 30 gladiators of varying types, including a number of convicts still in their shackles, a lion, and the Emperor Nero himself - who has been glued to a 50mm round base, and set back towards one edge because I'm going to make him part of a turn-counter. 

considering the state he's in, maybe it's only 29 1/2 gladiators...
I need to figure out how I'm going to prime them, given that it's reached the point in the year where it's going to be too cold and damp to use the rattle can outdoors and I don't have an airbrush.  But getting these done is my number one priority on the miniatures and wargaming front. 

I had ordered an "Arena" battle mat almost two months ago, which has not arrived yet, and the company has not responded to now two emails I've sent asking if it's been shipped (and to supply me with a tracking number if it has) or if there have been delays in production.  I'm going to give it a couple more days and then, if I don't hear from them, put in a Paypal dispute and request a refund.  I'm not happy about it coming to that, but so it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment