Sunday, August 23, 2026

Even More Zombies!

 When I took possession of the decade-plus old Wargames Factory zombies that had been sitting in my friend Dave's Closet of Shame, it was at our regular Monday Night Paint & Chat, which Dave hosts. So I sat down and assembled two sprues' worth of male zombies while I was there. Over the next two days, I got them primed, and sat down to start painting.

 And discovered I was not having a great time with them.

The level of detail is... not what I'm used to. It's very shallow, especially on the faces - to the point where applying a wash of Army Painter Strong Tone was obscuring it, instead of making it more clear. Some of the faces I was left guessing if there was a beard present or not. 

 

So I pushed through, and painted them to be "good enough" for mixing into hordes of zombies. I didn't bother trying to paint eyes or teeth or anything like that (couldn't find them!) and didn't apply as many highlights as I did with the previous 34. 

On the plus side, that does raise the total number of zombies I've got painted to 46. I've got five zombie dogs primed and ready to go and that should put me in good standing for Wargames Among the Warplanes. 

 

Miniatures Acquired: 204

Miniatures Painted: 210

Terrain Acquired: 3

Terrain Painted: 9

Scatter Acquired: 8

Scatter Painted: 12

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I got the survivors box and never got to properly paint them, I know what you say about these minis. However, knowing the raw material by first hand, I have to say that your work really stands out, they look more than decent, Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to metal models.

      Delete