Sunday, July 26, 2020

Wargods Army, Part 3

Still plugging away at my Wargods of Aegyptus army, and pleased to report I'm nearly 1000 points of troops and characters painted and ready to play.  I take a lot of pride in not playing with unpainted figures wherever possible; I'll never shame another wargamer for bringing unpainted troops to the table, but I can be the "city on the hill" with my figures and hopefully inspire others. 



This Beastmaster (and the elephant that will be accompanying him) won't be seeing the table in 1000 point games, I don't think, but I could potentially field them in 1200 point games.  His skin and hair, the leather he's wearing and the green fabric are, as usual with this army, all GW Contrast Paints. 


These City-Dwellers just need the wood and metal bits detailed, then touch-ups and their shields and bases done.  Once they're all set, I just have one City-Dweller hero and my Harbinger himself and that'll bring me to about 1000 points. 

I do have more awaiting assembly and painting, however; an elephant to accompany my Beastmaster, a unit of archers and a champion to accompany them, and two chariots that will be reserved for bigger games, but I'm nonetheless excited for them.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael! If I can finish those ten spearmen before August it'll set a personal best for me - 47 figures in a month.

      Delete
  2. I am really digging you wargods post.
    Please keep it up.
    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you sharing your Wargods post. Some motivation to get to work on my stuff. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to finish them - I have a half-painted unit of archers and a few unfinished characters that I need to take care of.

      Delete