Saturday, March 25, 2017

Painting Contests

I've been utterly neglecting this blog; not intentionally, it's just sort of happened.  I'm going to try my best to pick things back up here.  The biggest news is that the 7th Analogue Hobbies Annual Painting Challenge has concluded, and I met my goal of 500 points (scoring 507) despite a bout of painter's block and dealing with some medical concerns of Atticus'.  Additionally, Just Games, my FLGS, has begun a series of monthly painting contests, and the March contest was judged today.  I had decided to participate, and my entry (and the entry of most other people; it was a choice between this and some sort of Pathfinder goblin dog-rider) was Reaper's "D'kuhl M'Broon," a "Bathalian" (to differentiate from the legally-protected "Mind Flayer" of Dungeons and Dragons).  I had painted a copy of this figure years ago for my friend Rachael, and was excited to give it another go now that my skills have matured some.

I entered him in the Intermediate category (the guys in the Advanced category are using airbrushes to highlight their figures, and I'm just not there) and came in second place, scoring myself a set of ultrafine tip brushes as my prize!




2 comments: