Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Devils on Parade

 I'm prefacing this post with a warning - some of these figures are not just nude, but downright lewd. That's not normally my thing, but I've had them (I think I might have originally bought them to paint up for a friend I ultimately had a falling out with), I started working on them while washes were drying on the last bunch of zombies, and here we are. 

Let's start with the most Safe-For-Work one; this is the "Basement Beast" from Crooked Dice, and as impressed as I generally am with Crooked Dice's commitment to pop culture delving, I never in a million years would have guessed they would make a figure of the titular monster from the movie CELLAR DWELLER. The sculptor really captured John Carl Buechler's monster design from the film; rather than following the color scheme of the movie, I painted it with bright, almost cartoonishly red skin.


 The recipe for the skin color (since I know I'll want to do it again on future figures) is a base coat of Vallejo Game Color "Gory Red," washed with GW "Carroburg Crimson," then highlighted with Reaper "Fire Red" and a final highlight of Reaper "Regulator's Scarlet."

Next up are a pair of "Saucy Succubi" from Heresy Miniatures; they originally came in a three-pack but their sister managed to get dropped, break, and the pieces disappear instantly into the 8th dimension. 


 And now the really risque ones - these are a pack of Succubi from Hasslefree Miniatures, who sadly have stopped trading; I'm hopeful that the molds can get sold on to another manufacturer at the very least, as there's a number of figures in their "Modern Adventurers" range I missed out on and would like the chance to acquire. 


 So what's the plan for this bunch? I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I am giving another look towards Osprey's "When Nightmares Come" solo investigative horror wargame and and thinking about giving that a go, and this would give me a nice chunk of enemies towards a storyline fighting the "Damned" villain faction. 

And! They push me back into the green for a little bit on the tracker.

 

Miniatures Acquired: 184

Miniatures Painted: 188

Terrain Acquired: 2

Terrain Painted: 8

Scatter Acquired: 8

Scatter Painted: 10

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice paint jobs, Bill! I think by going with the red, you toned down the lewdness that it would have perhaps been in flesh? I don't know. They're succubi, so I would not be offended. And congrats for pulling ahead in the Painted category for Minis...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I'm exceptionally pleased with how the red skin turned out this time around! And they're certainly acting according to their nature...

      Delete